Friday, January 8, 2010
The Update
I don't want this blog to be all about me so I will get it out of the way at the start. After 2 months in bed my back is finally starting to improve. The diagnosis is a compressed disc. No surgery required, just bedrest. I am getting regular chiropractic treatment and taking a hard-core anti-inflammatory. Things are slowly getting better.
Now to the good stuff. We have an amazing team here right now from Sauble Beach, ON. Half of them are medical and the other half is a work team. Needless to say, lots is getting done. They are doing a few mobile clinics which is keeping Grant busy. They are also working in the clinic and some are even helping Grant with all the medical supply/equipment inventory that has been plaguing him since our arrival. The depot is full of rodents and other vermin so it is imperitive to always know what is in the boxes and get it to proper, safe storage as soon as possible. We also deal with epiry dates on almost everything. Nothing can be used past it's expiry date or the we could lose our hospital license.
The kids are doing great. Back to school after a 3 week Christmas break. They had lots of time to watch all their new DVDs and play all the new Wii games everyone sent. It is good to be back to a regular routine...well, for Mom & Dad anyways.
They enjoyed their first Christmas in Haiti. It was different for sure. The biggest difference was being away from family. It was the first time in my 39 years I haven't been with my immediate family on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We video-chatted but I think that almost made it worse for me to see everyone at my brother's in Cleveland. I could picture everyone and what they were doing at any given time during the day. And of course I missed the shopping with the girls!
We are looking forward to some visits from family over the next 2 months. Michelle is returning home to Canada for a 3 week visit with family and friends and is really looking forward to it. Take care of her for me everyone!
Well, that's the update. I promise I will post again soon with some pictures (when our hard drive is replaced and I can access them again). I have a couple stories to share too. Glad to be back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello Sandy and Family: I read of your family blog on thespec.com - I think your decision to help in Haiti pre-quake is wonderful - and what an enormously wonderful experience for your children! The best of luck to you from a Burlington, Ontario resident. (pishposhohmygosh.blogspot.com)
ReplyDelete