Mission of Hope is overwhelmed with people right now. That's a good thing...most of the time. We have several teams here right now and by this weekend there will be over 100 people here. It means more work for most of us...long days and not much private time as there are people everywhere.
On the bright side, there is a lot of family visiting. Our friend Rachel has her parents here, our teacher Diana has her brother, sister-in-law, cousin and Grandpa here. And next Tuesday my (Sandy) mom and dad will be here. When you live so far from home, having family and friends come means more than I ever thought it would. I have never really liked having people stay in my home (and never really had the opportunity before) but now I love it. You definitely grow a new appreciation for your family and friends when you live far away from them. I'm sure what we have endured in the last few months adds to that feeling as well. We have so many Haitian friends who have lost some of all of their family...something I can't even imagine enduring. I don't know how they come to work everyday and continue serving the Lord and the people of this area through their work at the mission. They will all tell you that God gives them the strength. I can resonate with that because it has only been through the strength God gives that we have endured the last few months.
We are still learning lots...seeing lots...and loving lots. We are so thankful that God called us here "for such a time as this". For the rest of our lives we will be able to testify to the awesomeness of our God. We are humbled that He chose us for this task and whether in Haiti or in Canada or anywhere in the world, we will continue to serve Him and to share how He has used us.
I have been keeping a list of all the little "God things" that have happened before and after we came to Haiti. One of these days I will write them all down. Heck...maybe I will write a book. What do you think Dad?



No comments:
Post a Comment