I can't take credit for the phrase used in the title of this blog. I stole it from our teacher Diana's recent blog entry in which she talks about our family. I have been racking my brain the last few days trying to figure out how to approach this blog entry and exactly what to say. When I read Diana's blog it was an encouragement to me to take a new perspective regarding our family's future plans.
You see, after a wonderful year in Haiti, a place that will forever have our hearts, we have felt God's leading to return to Canada. There are too many reasons to list here but the basic ones being Grant's job (he only had a one year leave of absence) and the kids education (we have one in her last year of high school and one in her first year of high school).
There is absolutely nothing about our time here that we regret. We will forever be able to share the story of how God placed us here "for such a time as this". Just read back over our blog entries and you will see how God orchestrated so many things to bring us to this place and these people in their greatest time of need. All the glory goes to God and we have no idea how far-reaching the effects will be for years to come.
It has been an incredibly difficult decision and leaving is going to be extremely hard. I have been searching for things to grab hold of to cause me to "look forward" to going back to Canada because I have been dreading it since we made the decision. It was in reading Diana's blog today that I was reminded that we are going back "carrying a fresh flame". We have so much to do, so much to tell, so many people to tell about Haiti and about Mission of Hope. There are so many ways people can help support the work that is going on here and we have a voice because we have been here and been a part of it.
So as we return to Canada at the end of June and search for a house, we will be looking for opportunities to share our story and to share what God is doing through Mission of Hope in Haiti. I am excited to return...carrying a fresh flame.
We are truly going to miss you guys. It is so clear why you were sent to Mission of Hope in Haiti and nothing can take away the experiences you have had here. We give you God's greatest blessing as you move forward carrying a new flame
ReplyDeletelove the van der Mark's